XS extreme : big ideas, small buildings / Phyllis Richardson.
London : Thames & Hudson, 2009.
224 p. : il.
Arquitectura - Innovaciones tecnológicas.
Biblioteca A-72:681.3 XSE
The third book in the highly successful XS series, XS Extreme considers buildings at the edge of possibility. Sited in remote locations, built to withstand wild climatic conditions, or conceptually daring or provocative, all the structures are original, innovative and instructive. Over forty projects are presented through accessible, witty texts, with plans, drawings and photographs. A reference section gives architect and project information. Like its precedessors, XS Extreme offers striking new ideas at a human scale that will inspire anyone keen to improve the world we build around ourselves.
1. New and Improved: innovative materials and structural solutions
2. Art and Craft: when structure becomes sculpture
3. Scenic Routes: huts, pods and lookouts in remote landscapes
4. Off the Map: extreme climates and sites, and mobile structures
5. Radical Urban: small interventions that redefine the streetscape
Phyllis Richardson is the author of numerous books on interiors and architecture, including XS: Big Ideas, Small Buildings, XS Green, Contemporary Natural, Designed for Kids and the London and Barcelona editions of the StyleCity travel series.
De Zeen | XS Extreme