Stations / Chris van Uffelen.
[Berlin] : Braun, 2010.
253 p. : il., planos
Ferrocarriles - Estaciones - Diseño y construcción.
Biblioteca A-725.31 STA
From the contents:
• Expo Station in Singapore (Foster & Partners)
• WTC Transportation Hub in New York, USA (Santiago Calatrava)
• Berlin Main Station, Germany (gmp)
• St Pancras International in London, Great Britain (Chapman Taylor)
• Saitama Shin-Toshin Station in Saitama City, Japan (Edward Suzuki Associates)
In the 21st century, stations of all kinds must be multifunctional, which has led to a spectacular renaissance of station construction in these days. Around the world, new facilities are being created that offer much more than representative buildings for arrivals and departures – contemporary concepts combine the most diverse types of transportation, while integrating retail and office spaces, hotels and restaurants.
By using high-quality images and plans, this volume presents international projects of famous architects. The projects range from large interregional and regional stations, which shape the urban identity of their locations, to tram and subway stations located above and below ground.