Birkhäuser [etc.], Basel [etc.] : 2011
296 p. : il.
Plásticos en la construcción.
Construcción -- Materiales.
Biblioteca Sbc Aprendizaje A-691.175 CON
The basics of construction with synthetic materials
From transparent to translucent – new construction options with a versatile material
Whether as translucent tiling, wide-spanning membranes, air-filled foil cushions or in organically curved form: Plastics are used in architecture in the widest variety of forms and application areas. Innovative technical developments constantly improve their material properties. Plastics today are an alternative to be taken seriously in the building trade, whether they are used in the supporting structure, roof, facade or interior furnishings.
The 'Construction Manual for Polymers + Membranes' returns to the basics of the series by addressing an individual building material. From the material properties to the requirements for drafting and construction, it encapsulates well-founded and comprehensive expertise in familiar DETAIL quality. Selected project examples complete the reference work and make it indispensable for day-to-day planning.
- Historical development of plastics and membranes in architecture
- Comprehensive information regarding the basics of manufacturing, processing and application
- Precise descriptions of materials and semi-finished products
- Physical-structural properties and environmental effects
- Form finding and calculation of plastic supporting structures and membranes
- For the first time a complete overview of the most important details compiled according to the most recent state of the research
Detail | Construction manual for polymers + membranes
Arch Daily | Construction manual for polymers + membranes