[Berlin] : Braun, 2009.
253 p. : il.
Biblioteca A-725.824 CIN
“Cinema Architecture” explores different types of movie theatres. These range from self-contained buildings to cinemas that are components of entertainment or cultural centres, cinemas that are outside of their usual context, for instance in hotels, as well as multi-functional mobile screening constructions. The volume also focusses on the interior design which spans from flamboyant, luxurious and opulent to minimalist, modern and refined.
- From the contents:
- Prada Transformer, anywhere (OMA)
- Pathé Gaumont in Rennes, France (Atelier Christian de Portzamparc)
- Austrian Museum of Film in Vienna, Austria (Steinmayr & Mascher)
- Linked Hybrid in Beijing, China (Steven Holl Architects)
- La Citadella in Kawasaki, Japan (The Jerde Partnership)