Performance : architecture + design / Chris van Uffelen.
[Berlin] : Braun, 2010.
301 p. : il., planos
Recreo, Centros de.
Teatros - Construcción.
Biblioteca A-725.8 PER
From the contents:
• Opera House in Valencia, Spain (Santiago Calatrava)
• Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, USA (Ateliers Jean Nouvel)
• Hessisches Landestheater in Darmstadt, Germany (Lederer+Ragnarsdóttir+Oei)
• Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon, Great Britain (Bennetts Associates Architects)
• Guangzhou Opera House, China (Zaha Hadid Architects)
Theaters, concert halls and opera houses are among the most fascinating architectural tasks of today. Large metropolises as well as medium-sized and smaller communities are enhancing their cultural infrastructure with spectacular new buildings and renovated historical structures for the performing arts. As prestige projects, buildings are emerging that first of all offer compelling designs and functions, but also shape and enrich their settings as outstanding individual structures.
“Masterpieces: Performance Architecture + Design” presents 69 contemporary international projects by famous architects and up-and-coming young designers. The diversity and creativity of the projects are presented in-depth through high-quality images and plans coupled with informative texts.