Detail, München : 2013.
144 p. : il.
Colección: Detail Engineering ; 3.
Bollinger + Grohmann (Estudio de arquitectos)
Estructuras -- Diseño.
Estructuras, Ingeniería de.
Arquitectura -- Siglo XXI.
Sbc Aprendizaje A-72BOLLINGER BOL
For the engineers of Bollinger + Grohmann it is of central importance to understand design and construction in the planning process as a unit. That is why they see their task as further development and reinforcement of the respective design: in dialogue with the architects and other technical planners – and not least through their knowledge of how to design load-bearing structures. In order for innovative structures to be created, their genesis cannot be based just on structural and mechanical principles, but is instead the product of experience with materials, construction methods and technologies. This examination of interdisciplinary topics, as well as an open and interested consideration of adjacent disciplines, led to the development of an integral planning approach that allows the office to react to the wide range of requirements of worldwide projects. The many spectacular constructions of recent years speak for themselves: The limits of feasibility seem to no longer apply, mathematical laws are assigned a new dynamism, and common structures are newly interpreted.
The third volume of the Detail engineering series presents the broad spectrum of services of this engineering office and uses four selected buildings to describe the different processes in the individual project phases from the point of view of those involved.
- The building envelope as a load-bearing structure: Possibilities of modern facade planning
- Building to last: Engineering for preservation of historical monuments
- Structural planning and sustainability: Potential for optimisation through integrated planning approaches
- Geometry development, parametrics and generation: A paradigm shift in planning
- Presentation of the construction process in its different planning phases based on selected projects